Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? THE TREE invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Sacrifice that opens us to our deep soul purpose.
- Surrendering to what is.
- Holding on to what offers essential support.
- Inaction on the external level but deep movement on the inner level.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? FOUR OF EARTH invites us to practices such as …
- Building a cairn to serve a sacred purpose. You can create a simple gratitude cairn in your backyard or on a walk by saying something you are grateful for as you place each rock. Or you can participate in a communal activity such as the Life Cairn Project that creates large cairns in public places to honor extinct species and draw attention to the impact of climate change chaos.
- Explore squirrel wisdom by observing those that live around you and learning more about their symbolic meaning and guidance.
- Emboding your prayer or divination by taking the stance of a Tarot figure or taking a Wisdom Wander. There is a luscious tele-series coming up in the new year to inspired embodied divination so if you are called to this practice check it out!
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? ELDER OF AIR invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Calm and clarity
- Aligning your best skills with the world’s deepest need to take action.
- Dedicating your actions to planetary peace and healing
- Feeling the connection and support of the ancestors
- Knowing your individual song blends into the Whole in a beautiful and important way.
OVERALL MUSINGS: To paraphrase Frederick Buechner: Surrender to the place where your joy and talents meet the world’s deep need, and take action in a real and physical way to make positive change. You may not see a result or your vision realized, but the ripples will reach to places you can’t even imagine in the moment.