Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- Awareness of the interconnection of all things.
- Consideration of the impact of our actions.
- A heart made light because you know you have considered the Whole, the Earth, your community and are living in a right balance between their needs and your own.
- Balancing and giving equal weight to your heart and your mind as you make important decisions.
- Create the circle depicted in the image with Tarot cards as I have in this Four of Fire ritual.
- Creating a circle of protection, inspiration, healing, or power and standing within it to truly receive these gifts. Use ritual objects that evoke the qualities that you are seeking such as candles for power, water for healing, feathers for inspiration, or rocks for protection.
- Communing with the moon when it is full to open to its special qualities of light.
- Keep a night vigil to honor or bring light to personal or societal darkness.
- Acknowledging and communing with those people and things that ground and support us.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? ELDER OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Trusting the flow of life.
- Allowing ourselves to pause and pay attention to what is arriving in our lives – especially our emotions – at any given time.
- Seeing with awe the things that you have seen a thousand times before.
- Being attentive to the magic and beauty that comes from the outer natural world (especially the ocean as it follows the moon) and/or the inner world of dreams.
- Friendship with and compassion for all the emotions that well up in you and in others as you travel your days.
OVERALL MUSINGS: Feather, fire, and flow mix in the heart this week. How will the heart receive these offerings of mind, passion, emotion? This seems an unruly combination, but the heart aligned with Justice’s awareness of the interconnection of all can hold them and mix them in its chambers. And at the end of the week, with careful tending, something more powerful than each of these elements alone can emerge. Which of your projects, relationships, explorations would most benefit from such balancing this week?