Join a small group of fellow writers on an Elemental Wisdom Wanders at Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary. The Wander will serve to:
- tune you into your intuitive self;
- receive nature’s wisdom about creativity and generativity;
- identify the questions that you most need to explore in your writing right now;
- prepare for what new light can be shed on your creative work during illumination of the Summer Solstice on June 20th.
Wisdom Wanders are the first half of the season-long ritual Walking the Ways of the Summer Light.
No Tarot experience required but it would be a good idea to have some kind of deck (I’m happy to help you think about a deck that would be best for you and the wanders). Pre-registration, however, is required (more info below).
This Wander will be held on Sunday, June 12th from 12:30pm to 4:30pm
The flow of the wanders includes:
- Group gathering to greet each other and get oriented to the Wisdom Wander process and what it has to offer specifically to writers.
- Time to wander on your own with Tarot/oracle cards as way showers and your notebook in hand. (You may choose to wander over all 5 miles of trails or stay close to the Vistors Center on the universally accessible boardwalk over the vernal pool.)
- Writing time on your own.
- A closing circle to share writing and/or the questions you’ve gathered for contemplation.
I have these basic guidelines I like to follow for the group work that I lead:
LISTENING: Listening will be the greatest gift we can offer to each other.
SHARING: We will share our stories with each other. We will offer each other insights from our own experience – and each one of us gets to choose which of the offerings will be useful to use, follow, or discard. Each one of us owns our own experience.
OFFERING: We can offer the wisdom we know from our various traditions. In our diverse group, to make and view the offerings as prompts for inspiration rather than absolute truths might be the most beneficial perspective to carry.
BEING PRESENT: You are invited to leave the outside world behind as much as possible as a gift to yourself and others.
SEEKING: We recognizing that we are each on a path and doing the best that we can. Sometimes making mistakes and sometimes tapping into deep wisdom. Our perfectly imperfect selves are welcomed into the group.
CONFIDENTIALITY: We’ll be discussing practice, seasonal insights and the Tarot that can be shared, but individual stories will not be shared beyond the day.
Sign up for the Wander and receive the 16 page full-color PDF that gives an overview of the Wisdom Wanders and the whole Walking the Ways of the Summer Light is only $19
The Wanders will happen no matter what the weather is doing (barring a life threatening event). I do have access to indoor spaces for our gathering times in the event of rain.