Each season flows with its own gifts and challenges, rhythm and mystery. When we tune our awareness to the offerings and energy of the season, we can better receive its wisdom and be supported to tend our souls.
Around the Summer Solstice, we are invited to meet the sun and respond to its exuberant invitations of growth, movement, sensuality, creativity, delight. The fiery sun also invites us to rise up against injustice and reach for our visions of a positive future.
In this mini-retreat day on Saturday, June 30th we will connect with the energy of the sun, the stirring of the wind, and the land and waters of Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary in Easthampton, MA to find the wisdom that speaks to our souls at this of light’s abundance.
This mini-retreat complements and concludes 2018 Walking the Ways of the Summer Light e-retreat in everyday life. Taking the e-retreat is good preparation for the day, but not a requirement.
In our time together, we will …
- Commune with the sun. If good weather, we will be outside and active much of the time. If rain, our experiences will be more imaginal and meditative.
- Identify a question which you will seek to find an answer to through Tarot/oracle card connecting, nature observing, and creative ritual.
- Have a mini-pilgrimage experience, including Standing at the Threshold, Making a Journey, Seeking the Center, and Returning,
- Create a Sun Mandala and share your experiences in an Illumination Circle.
- Leave with a commitment to an action step around your question/vision.
- Eat a delicious lunch of local foods (vegan, gluten-free friendly)
You are invited to bring any, all, or none of these things:
- Clothing appropriate to the weather and shoes for walking around on well-laid out trails. Even if it rains, we will attempt to be outside at least a bit.
- A journal, drawing pad, piece of paper, pen, and/or colored pencils.
- A Tarot or oracle deck. If you don’t have one, there will be decks for sharing for use at the retreat.
- An image or object that connects you to your positive vision for the world. This could also be collected during the day.
- A camera for contemplative photo receiving.
To be held 10am to 4:30pm at Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary in Easthampton, MA on Saturday, June 30th
Fee is $85. Pre-registration required by Tuesday, June 26th so we can plan how much delicious food to make.
Pay with credit card/use PayPal.
Or send a check to Carolyn Cushing, 1 Cottage St., Box 33, Easthampton, MA 01027. Good idea to send me an e-mail if sending a check so I can hold a slot for you.
Fees are refundable minus $5 up to 3 weeks ahead / June 9th. After that they are not refundable, but are transferable to another Soul Path Sanctuary offering.