Each week I pull cards to inspire contemplative / personal development practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s ). You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What sacred path would best serve the group this week? THE GARDENER invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Alignment with the energy of the land around you so you can tap into its abundance (Even in winter? Yes, even in winter!)
- Creativity and bringing your inspirations into form.
- Motherhood and the hard work of nurturing new life into being and then letting it go.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What contemplative practice will best serve us to move along this pathway this week? THREE OF AIR invites us to practices such as …
- Journaling (It’s really a simple process with documented health benefits. My writer friends and I have been talking recently about the difference between writing by hand and writing on the computer, especially for a practice that includes clearing of emotions, go with long hand writing)
- Write down your stresses and find a way to symbolically let them go. You could rip them into confetti like pieces and release them into the wind or (safely) burn them and watch the smoke travel up into and dissolve in the sky.
- Engage in a meditation where you tune into your heart, imagine what is pressing upon it or piercing it, feel the pain of it, imagine this pain as light, and then let the light flow through you.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to me in undertaking this practice? EXPLORER OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Focused attention.
- Feeling any hard emotions – such as fear – and tapping into rather than ignoring its energy to move you forward.
- Joyful flow.
OVERALL MUSINGS: Befriending the difficult could be just what you need to move forward in your life. So find a way to feel and let flow whatever emotions or challenges come your way this week. You may not see a result during the week itself, but this can be a good foundation for the new season that is coming. (So, fellow east coasters in the USA, have hope! The turning of the Wheel of the Year is on our side!)