Each week I pull cards to inspire contemplative / personal development practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What sacred path would best serve the group this week? AWAKENING invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Opening ourselves up to expanded consciousness and an awareness of our connection to that which is greater than ourselves (community, earth, the divine).
- Listening to the call to live out your highest purpose.
- Knowing that you are held by your community here on earth and in the realms beyond as you experience both the joys and the sorrows of your life.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What contemplative practice will best serve us to move along this pathway this week? SIX OF FIRE invites us to practices such as …
- Dance. Terre Parker is an interesting dance artist here in Northampton who creates collaborative performances and has classes to help people experience their bodies more deeply and certainly in sacred ways. Belly Dancing has a long, though obscured in current media, tradition of sacred dance. And you can always just dance around your kitchen by yourself.
- Consciously connect movement and practice. If you sit, do some yoga stretches before you begin. If you walk, walk with focused attention and think about it as practice as opposed to just exercise.
- Build a bonfire and invite friends over to enjoy it with you. Go ahead dance, or just move around the fire.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to me in undertaking this practice? CHILD OF AIR invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Looking upon each thing that appears in your life as a potential teacher of new possibility.
- Focused attention in the present moment.
OVERALL MUSINGS: As we step into spring here in the Northern Hemisphere, we have the opportunity to shift into something new – and perhaps more challenging – in our lives. We can dare to move into it with curiosity and belief in its potential for the good of the Whole. Although this might sound like a large undertaking, all we may need to do to spark the change is move our bodies in different ways, to shake off the stiffness of what we’ve become accustomed to and feel a new energy rise to move our limbs. From there the necessary action can flow.