Each week I pull cards to inspire contemplative / personal development practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would best serve the good of the group this week? THE BUILDER invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Giving a clear form to what inspires and served the good of the Whole.
- Being responsible and persistent in completing the work that needs to be done.
- Embracing the ways in which you serve as a leader for your community.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What contemplative practice will best serve us to move along this pathway this week? SIX OF WATER invites us to practices such as …
- Gather with a group of people for a ritual or a meditation that connects you with the flow of intuition, liminal space, the Mystery.
- Watch the sunset – from its first blossoming to its last light – for one night or the whole week.
- Make a pilgrimage to water. Yes, it could be a trip of some distance or to a water feature close to your house. Any journey can be a pilgrimage as Joanna Powell Colbert says.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice? CHILD OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Open-hearted delight, especially in the offerings of the natural world.
- Looking closely at the place where different world meet (the shore and the sea, the field and the forest, for instance)
- Acceptance of whatever emotions are flowing through her
OVERALL MUSINGS: This cards can be woven together to make a message of: Your delight is the source of your leadership ability. When you share this gift, you build a house for ritual, for magic, for dancing between the worlds. Delight is power.