Each week I pull cards to inspire contemplative / personal development practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would best serve the good of the group this week? LIGHTNING invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Free falling into the sudden change that you did not choose but that you can not resist.
- Holding only to a thin thread of trust that renewal will follow upheaval.
- Letting a flash of insight set in motion a great change in your beliefs and the structures of your daily life that you’ve created to to keep them in place.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What contemplative practice will best serve us to move along this pathway this week? SEVEN OF AIR invites us to practices such as …
- Take time out from every day concerns to engage in some vision work. Put your deep purpose or your image of the divine at the center of this work. Dream about where you want to be. Then identify the steps that you need to take to reach those places. Follow up with action guided by sacred intent.
- Do a retreat in a mountainous place
- Pausing in midst of busyness to breath, look around, and see where you really are.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice? ELDER OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Knowing that we are not alone in our everyday lives, but that the ancestors and Earth creatures accompany us through joy and through difficulty.
OVERALL MUSINGS: We may doubt it, but we have the potential to walk through the fires of change. We can be as the Elders of Fire looking at a mirror of our own intensity when we see Lightning. Interestingly, we can do this dance with fire because of the past pauses that have allowed us to re-focus, to vision, to plan. We know where are going, but also that the path may not be direct. We trust ourselves to re-orient and be creative in moving along the path. We know that we do not walk alone. Air feeds fire; we can both plan and free fall as the moment requires.