Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire personal development / spiritual practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would best serve the good of the group this week? THE SUN invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Joy that comes to you because you have walked in the place of shadow, not hidden from it.
- Being filled with the energy of life.
- Recognizing the great gift of the sun that makes life on earth possible.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What contemplative practice will best serve us to move along this pathway this week? SIX OF EARTH invites us to practices such as …
- Walk outside and take note of the gifts of the earth: flowers, trees, plants, vegetables, weeds. Say a prayer of thanks for these every day gifts of the earth.
- Thank a farmer for the work they do. Of course, buy something from them, but also reflect on the hard and uncertain work of farming and say, “Thank you!”
- The earth gives us gifts every day. So take the earth as a model and give something away.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice? CHILD OF AIR invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Delight and awe.
- Feeling centered in the flow of change.
- Open to being taught by the amazing transformations of nature.
OVERALL MUSINGS: There is so much exuberance in this week’s cards. Embrace it and let it teach you. Don’t ignore pain and difficulty in your life or the lives of others, but let your gaze on these troubles be like the sun warming and reviving that which needs healing.