Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire personal development / spiritual practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? JUSTICE invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- A heart made light because you know you have considered the Whole, the Earth, your community and are living in a right balance between their needs and your own.
- Awareness of the interconnection of all things.
- Articulating your ethical and moral codes and then checking in on how you are living up to their highest potential.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? EIGHT OF EARTH invites us to practices such as …
- Being humble and letting someone younger or less experienced than you be your teacher.
- Take the Earth as your mentor for how to live rightfully, joyfully, and in alignment with the Whole.
- Listening for the heartbeat of the earth. Perhaps you go into a field and press bare feet and hands to the earth, close your eyes, and listen for the earth’s pulse. Perhaps a message, a teaching, a call will come to you.
- Drumming to listen, to heal, to shift consciousness.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? EXPLORER OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Being in the flow.
- Letting your emotions flow through your body, acknowledging them, feeling them, and letting them keep going.
- Balancing effort or technique with effortlessness or improvisation; there is a wonderful phrase of the poet Rilke, “no forcing, no holding back.”
OVERALL MUSINGS: The question that provokes helpful and varied responses related to the 8 of Earth is: Which figure is the teacher? Sometimes the answer is the man/father, but often the answer is the little girl. With the Explorer of Water appearing in the posture position, there is an invitation to let the younger, the adventurous, the fluid people, creatures, or energy in your life be the teacher this week. So what can the baby bunny or the young, barely-flowering tomato plant teach you? What new part of you is speaking to you from your dreams? How does laughter you hear somewhere new in your life balance your usually serious approach? Find a question like this that you can ride through the waves of your week.