Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire personal development / spiritual practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? THE LOVERS invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Communing with your beloved, who may be another person, the Divine, your animal companions.
- Allowing yourself to deeply feel the support of the ones who love you and the Earth offering up a bounty of green gifts.
- Following your bliss.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? TWO OF AIR invites us to practices such as …
- Taking moments of pause throughout the day to remind yourself to listen … to the birds…to the world around you … to your inner voice or intuition … to Spirit/The Greater Than … to what might be below the words that someone speaks or their actions.
- Picking a few birds who live in your area to learn about their calls and behavior so you develop a stronger bond with the place where you live.
- Visio Divina. I’ve presented this meditative process for use with Tarot cards, but there are other options for the image to inspire you. You could view a tree where birds gather in your yard; what changes each time you open your eyes for the long loving look? You could use a picture of a loved one, perhaps one who is away; what do you learn when you give them the grace of your long loving look?
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? CHILD OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Attending to your passions with interest and zeal
OVERALL MUSINGS: Yes, follow your bliss this week. If someone or something fills you with delight, follow this feeling – and them! or it! – with abandon. Then to deepening the experience, pause and take it inside you. Let it float. Wait patiently for new wisdom to rise. Yes, be fast (masculine energy) and take time to wait receptively (feminine energy); this marriage of opposites will support you well.