Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire personal development / spiritual practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? JUSTICE invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Awareness of the interconnection of all things
- Consideration of the impact of our actions
- A heart made light because you know you have considered the Whole, the Earth, your community and are living in a right balance between their needs of the Whole and your own.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? SEVEN OF WATER invites us to practices such as …
- Pour a cup of clear water. Through guided visualization meditation, imagine the fire, energy, and gifts of the sun entering into the water. Then drink the water; let fluid and fire flow through you. (Inspired by the work of Thorne Coyle.)
- Honor your visions and dreams. Give each one – even the wildest – a form or a name, perhaps through writing them down, drawing picture of them, or selecting a physical object – perhaps a cup – to be a symbol for each one. Thank each vision or dream for the gifts it has given you. If you need to, you may select one of the visions or dreams to be the focus of attention. Find a way to say “good-bye” or “I’ll see you next month” to the other visions / dreams. Then spend some time communing with the magical potential of the chosen vision / dream.
- Once you make a commitment to move forward on an important decision, toast to this decision and drink from the cup as a sign of your commitment.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? GUARDIAN OF EARTH invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Kowing your power comes from tenderness.
- Loving awareness of all that comes before you.
- Paying attention to what is emerging in your life.
OVERALL MUSINGS: Do your own dreams ever become heavy on hands or heart? Perhaps you’ve been carrying a knapsack full and it is time to put it down. Not to throw it away, but to find your way to focus – at least for a time – on one, or even to give yourself a vacation and just take a rest. This week you might let yourself be guided by tenderness and love on the one thing that can make your heart light and help to walk in harmony with the Whole.