Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire personal development / spiritual practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? THE STAR (again!) invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Opening up to the grace and giftedness of the cosmos.
- Remembering we are all made from the same material as the stars.
- Resting in the beauty of the night sky, feeling its mystery, releasing the need for answers, and receiving the intertwined light of the stars and dark of the night.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? EIGHT OF AIR invites us to practices such as …
- Storytelling; sitting with friends and/or family to tell stories that are important to each of you, that help you make meaning of your lives, or that simply delight.
- Listening inwardly to all the different voices and ideas that surface. Yes, it sometimes feel like this there is a raucous committee meeting going on inside our heads! But you can align this group for forward movement or internal peace by letting each have its say. You might give names to each of these different aspects of yourself and then listen in turn to what each of them would say in regard to an important matter before you.
- Explore the circle guidelines offered by Christian Baldwin. How might you bring them into work work with external groups of people or your own inner voices?
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? GUARDIAN OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Allowing healing to flow into your life
- Being in the flow of life; “no forcing, no holding back” (Rilke)
- Being open to your emotions and intuition
- Freely offering the gifts you have to share
OVERALL MUSINGS: Yes, the Star returns for a second week in a row and these cards offer a palette of blue to sooth us, open us to the flow, support us to heal, and let our light shine forth into the cosmos … again!
NOTE: Interesting that it is also the Pieces full moon this week that invites a time of retreat. These cards certainly support that … and they very well could be a visual representation of what will happen at the retreat day that James Wells and I are doing here in Western Mass in November. In fact, Joanna Powell Colbert, creator of the Gaian Tarot, dedicated the 8 of Air to James! Synchronicity! If you are interested in coming, the Early Bird pricing ends this week.