Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire personal development / spiritual practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? LIGHTNING invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Unexpected change that moves us in new ways/into new places
- Being open to and seeking out the renewal that may follow from the difficulty or trauma of sudden change
- Being open to new revelations and flashes of insight, even if they will change your life
- Falling and trusting that you will be caught/supported
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? THREE OF EARTH invites us to practices such as …
- Work with herbs this week. Perhaps do a little research on healing qualities of common herbs and cook a dish to bring that particular healing into your life. Or enact what is happening in this image and get together with friends to prepare herbs as healing tinctures and salves.
- Identify which of the women is you this week. Are you woman in blue with the scissors? You might revise some creative work that you have in progress. Are you the woman in green? Pour out your love on someone this week. Are you the woman in orange with the pestle? Take a creative inspiration/idea and bring it into rough draft form. Don’t worry if it is lumpy; just bring it into form.
- Gather with friends outside and cook food (the gifts of the earth) with fire. Use what is in season and carefully select the herbs for taste and healing potential.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? CHILD OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Attending to your passions with new interest and zeal
- Being “scave” (this is a word from Room by Emma Donnaghue made up by the five year old narrator Jack and his ma to describe the combining of scared and brave; you can be both scared and brave at the same time)
- Being open to all, without pre-conceived notions of what should be or happen
OVERALL MUSINGS: I see an invitation this week to befriend the appearance of fire in your life. This might be the toppling of plans or a flash of creative insight. Perhaps one feels more alluring than the other but no matter what the Child of Fire invites you to follow the light released, and the Three of Earth points you toward practice for bringing that light more fully into your life and into physical form. Allow yourself to be surprised!