As you may know, my studio is in 1 Cottage, an old mill building owned by a non-profit serving people with physical and mental disabilities and home to painters, woodworkers, glass artists, fiber weavers, sculptures, and all types of creatives. They’ve inspired me in so many ways, including in tweaking my popular Tarot 101 class to be of particular service to artists, writers, and creatives.
I ran the class for the first time in January 2014 to rave reviews and a full house and had a fabulous session this spring at Kim Carlino’s studio in Eastworks. I am working on scheduling the next series. Details coming soon. Feel free to e-mail with your questions and desires.
Here are the details about the sessions.
In this four-session series with Carolyn Cushing, published poet, Art of Change Tarot owner, and co-founder of the Massachusetts Tarot Society, you will be grounded in Tarot basics as well as receive tools and techniques for your continued exploration of Tarot as a tool for creativity enhancement and discerning the unfolding patterns of life.
First session can be a stand along class. Sign up for the whole series for just $85 or pay as you go.
You don’t have to have a deck to start the class. I’ll have some loaners. But after a week or two, you’ll need your own.
Creating a Spine of Meaning: This is a foundational session for the whole series and can be taken as a stand-alone class. No Tarot experience required! In this session, participants will:
- practice accessing their intuition as a way into the cards;
- get an introduction to the Tarot’s origins and influences (but a very brief one!);
- see how the Tarot’s structure provides a support for developing your personal spine of meaning;
- find resources and continued activities for deepening your Tarot study;
- leave with an information-packed workbook (29 pages!), worksheets for capturing card meanings, and “homeplay” assignments.
The emphasis will be on understanding and developing meanings for the individual cards with added discussion of how they mirror and support the creative process. Cost as a Stand Alone Class is $35
Encountering the Tarot: In this session, participants will:
- share their developing personal understanding of card meanings;
- be introduced to practices for deepening intuitive and intellectual understanding of the cards on a daily, weekly, seasonal, and/or yearly basis;
- experience a guided visualization journey into a Tarot card.
The emphasis will be on practices for developing a deeper relationship with the Tarot as an intuitive tool and guide into mystery. Cost: $28
Consulting the Cards to Support the Creative Process: In this session, participants will:
- practice crafting powerful and useful questions;
- be introduced to popular spreads used for Tarot readings;
- practice making connections between cards in a spread.
The emphasis will be on experiential learning as we spend most of the night laying out and looking for patterns in the cards. Cost: $28
Lab Session – Bring Your Questions!: In this session, participants will:
- bring the questions that have arisen from using the cards;
- work with a spread and card use especially designed for the class that explores how to thrive as a creative in the areas of cultivating inspiration, actively executing work, craft development, and earning money. Cost: $14