Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire personal development / spiritual practice for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? TEMPERANCE invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Combining things that appear to be opposites (light and darkness, life and death) into a beautiful new Whole
- Re-balancing after a period of change to integrate that experience while at the same time preparing for the new emerging.
- Seeing and blending all the parts of yourself into a perfectly imperfect vessel for holding your authentic life
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? TEN OF AIR invites us to practices such as …
- Listening to and observing the behavior of birds in the area where you live. What are they teaching you? What does their call awaken in you?o
- Sit, close you eyes, and tune into your body and your thoughts (i.e. meditate). Let each thought that comes be like a migrating goose; see it, acknowledge it, let it fly out of your vision. Maybe you want to offer each thought a blessing or a prayer for healing as it goes by.
- Reflecting on and naming the beliefs that you hold and that guide your life. Then you might journal on these questions: Are they all still relevant guides? Are there any beliefs that you sense you have moved beyond? Are there any to let go of in a conscious way?
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? EXPLORER OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Openness to whatever comes. It’s not really that you are fearless; it’s that you feel the fear but harness that energy to do what you want
- Recognizing that you have great creativity and can use it move through life
- Stepping into your passion (even if it has felt far away)
OVERALL MUSINGS: Temperance is a perfect card for this Autumn Equinox day! I think of Temperance as re-balancing after change. What needs to be done varies depending on the change that was gone through. With the 10 of Air and the Explorer of Fire, something (an idea, an emotion, that which no longer nurtures you) can be let go of to open up space for passion to express itself. If you are in the northern hemisphere, this period before the real dark sets in is a kind of last call to bring in your harvest. If you are in the southern hemisphere, you find the invitation to really start fanning new sparks to take into the spring and summer for growth. What ever you need to do, give it your full attention.