Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? THE HERMIT invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Withdrawing from the demands of the everyday to encounter mystery.
- Connecting with solitude and silence for deeper listening to the Greater Than, especially through messages from the moon, animals sounds in the night , the spirit realm, and dreams.
- Gathering in the reflections and insights that you’ve gained from your time in solitude to share with others (you’ll share soon, but not right now).
- Tending to the visions of the spirit world (rather than the visions of the busy everyday world)
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? TWO OF FIRE invites us to practices such as …
- Candle gazing. It’s as easy as it sounds—just gaze at the flame of a candle. You might do this practice with a particular intention such as expanding or clarifying your vision around work, service, or love, for example.
- Spend some times looking your deep desires in the eyes. What are they really? Do you really want to dance with them?
- Work with a “buddy” to ensure you do your practice: walk together in nature, silently; write out your gratitudes daily or weekly and mail them to each other; find the deity or ancestor who would best guide you in the challenges you currently face and develop a relationship with them.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? CHILD OF EARTH invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Total focus.
- Tuning into your senses as teachers.
- Seeing the mysteries of the universe in the common and mundane things of your world
- Viewing everything as an opportunity for learning.
OVERALL MUSINGS: No matter how busy your week, the invitation here is to take at least a few moments alone to cultivate your inner vision and wisdom. It might be a simple as lighting a candle and gazing upon it with your total attention in the 2 minutes before you go to bed. A little nightly taste of this solitude can be soulfully enriching because, after all, wisdom is worth more than silver and gold.
Note: If you are feeling the call of The Hermit and want support for that work in the coming shortening days (here in the Northern Hemisphere), you might want to check out my Descent and Return of the Light series with in-person, on-line, tele-circles, and blog posts offered November through February. Feel free to ask me questions.