Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? THE BUILDER invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Recognizing the source of your personal authority.
- Identifying and setting the boundaries necessary to support the good of all.
- Working in harmony and alignment with Earth principles.
- Connecting to the father figures/archetypes in our lives.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? FIVE OF EARTH invites us to practices such as …
- Doing nothing, just being
- Dream incubation, in which you set an intention in a pre-sleep ritual, are open to dreams, and record the dreams that are received. Some resources for this are: 1.) Caitlin Matthews has a guided visualization for dream incubation. 2.) Robert Moss offers many resources for dream work. 3.) If you are unclear about the meaning of a dream, you could pull a Gaian Tarot card to the question: What healing is this dream offering to me now?
- Learning—or going out and practicing—survival techniques for being in the wilderness. This is an invitation to the literal practices of wilderness survival, but also feel free to apply this idea metaphorically to reminder yourself of the techniques you have learned that help you with the wildness of your daiy life.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? ELDER OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Friendship with and compassion for all the emotions that well up in you and in others as you travel your days
- Releasing attachment to the outcome and just going with the flow
- Knowing that your personal life flow is held in a larger life flow of the planet so you can let go of trying to control things
- Looking up to gain a larger perspective
OVERALL MUSINGS: As I looked at the images on the cards, I noticed that all were single male images. Hmm, a week for male energy, I wondered. But Earth and Water are the feminine elements so perhaps there is an invitation to take charge and do what needs to be done for the good of the Whole but in a more flowing, slower, receptive way. Taking charge – i.e. accepting the call recognizing your authority to do something – does not always have to mean charging in. Perhaps this week you reflect, float, and dream your way into the form of leadership that is most needed now.