Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? LIGHTNING invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Unexpected change that moves us in new ways/into new places.
- Learning from the element of fire and its rapid, unpredictable movement.
- Letting ourselves free fall into the loss, the grief, the hidden potential of sudden change and trusting that we will be supported.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? SIX OF FIRE invites us to practices such as …
- Celebrate a success or mark a loss with friends by engaging your sense, communing with fire, making music, and/or dancing.
- Tune into your body and taking pleasure in its movements.
- Do a green fire ritual to release that which you no longer need to carry.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? CHILD OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Attending to your passions with new interest and zeal.
- Being “scave” (this is a word from Room by Emma Donnaghue made up by the five year old narrator Jack and his ma to describe the combining of scared and brave; you can be both scared and brave at the same time).
- Being open to all, without pre-conceived notions of what should be or happen.
- Bringing new light and energy into the dark places.
OVERALL MUSINGS: This week befriend the fire burning in your life: of change, of passion, of loss, of success, of release. No need to shy away from its fearsome edge, just be scave and let yourself be swept up in its dance.