Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? THE SEEKER invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Taking a risk to begin again.
- Traveling light (perhaps actually and certainly metaphorically).
- Trusting that Spirit/The Greater Than/Goddess/The Earth will support you in the next stage of your journey.
- Setting forth with clear intentions but an open mind and heart on the next phase of the journey.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? TWO OF FIRE invites us to practices such as …
- Candle gazing. It’s as easy as it sounds—just gaze at the flame of a candle. You might do this practice with a particular intention such as expanding or clarifying your vision around work, service, or love, for example.
- Dedicate the cultivation of your individual joy to creating more collective joy in some way.
- Spend some times looking your deep desires in the eyes. What are they really? Do you really want to dance with them?
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? CHILD OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Being open to all, without pre-conceived notions of what should be or happen
- Bringing new light and energy into the dark places.
- Cultivating your capacity for awe and delight.
- Delight in the moment for what is what is in front of you (forgetting the dark that is behind).
OVERALL MUSINGS: Test and purified by last week’s Lightning, we walk once again accompanied by fire, but this week’s gentle fire invites a fresh start. We’ll dare to set out on the path again to seek our passion and our delight, to shine our light into the darkness.