Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? ACE OF EARTH invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Fresh starts and new beginnings
- Experiencing the wonder and awe of the beauty and bounty of the earth.
- Letting ourselves be as if reborn; remembering that each day offers you a new start.
- Honoring the Spiral of Life.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? TWO OF WATER invites us to practices such as …
- Focusing on the heart area. You can do a breathing meditation by imagining the breath filling and expanding your heart. You might want to place your hands over your heart as you do this and attune to the rhythm of the heart and the breath aligned. Or you could do a guided meditation focused on the heart chakra or love. I like the meditations at Fragrant Heart. I had a heart-experience with the Om Mani Pad Me Hum Compassion Meditation there this weekend.
- Connecting with water (a waterfall in nature would be ideal but the shower is so handy) and attuning to how it offers you healing and encourages flow.
- Spending time with a beloved companion (of any species).
- Spending time specifically with an animal and learning lessons of love from this creature.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? ELDER OF AIR invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Deep attention but little effort
- Dedicating your actions to planetary peace and healing
- Knowing you are connected to and supported by the ancestors
- Knowing your individual song blends into the Whole in a beautiful and important way
OVERALL MUSINGS: These are lovely cards for the first week of Celtic spring overseen by Brigid, who is both Goddess and saint, and as Goddess is known as the Awakener of the Land. As I write this, however, the snow is mounting up outside my window so spring seems far away, but the new season arrives quietly, gestates slowly. The invitation to turn our awareness to spring even before it is evident can help us see its first glimmers, to be a witness to its birth. This is the lesson and gift of seasonal attunement. We can apply this invitation to early awareness to our inner landscapes as well. After a challenge to the heart, for example, we can turn our eye toward the heart in its winter state rather than away. We can wait for the signs of its first stirring and not be impatient for full blossoming. We can do something as simple as bring our breath to your heart and that gentle attention can bring forth the healing that leads to expansion, that leads to a new song emerging, that leads to a springtime of the heart. No matter what season your heart dwells within may it be blessed this week!