Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- Awareness of the interconnection of all things.
- Consideration of the impact of our actions.
- A heart made light because you know you have considered the Whole, the Earth, your community and are living in a right balance between their needs and your own.
- Articulating your ethical and moral codes and then checking in on how you are living up to their highest potential.
- Focusing on the heart area. You can do a breathing meditation by imagining the breath filling and expanding your heart. You might want to place your hands over your heart as you do this and attune to the rhythm of the heart and the breath aligned. Or you could do a guided meditation focused on the heart chakra or love. I like the meditations at Fragrant Heart.
- Connecting with water (a waterfall in nature would be ideal but the shower is so handy) and attuning to how it offers you healing and encourages flow.
- Spending time specifically with an animal and learning lessons of love from this creature.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? GUARDIAN OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Freely offering the gifts you have to share
- Holding intense emotions – your own or of others – with love and letting them flow where they may
- Moving with the guidance of, and compassion for, all beings
- Opening yourself in love to all that comes before you (the beautiful and the difficult)
OVERALL MUSINGS: Let your open heart lead you to a deep connection with the flow of the Whole. From there you will discern the just right action needed to be of service to those around you and the higher values of Justice, Compassion, Love, Beauty, Mystery.
If you enjoy these practice prompts and are looking to deepen your experience, please do take a look at my Dark Moon and Full Circles that will run starting right about March 17th through February 2016. Questions always welcome in e-mails or comments on the blog.