Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- A heart made light because you know you have considered the Whole, the Earth, your community and are living in a right balance between their needs and your own.
- Articulating your ethical and moral codes and then checking in on how you are living up to their highest potential.
- Honoring and learning lessons from the movements for justice that have made this a better world for the many, not just a few.
- Spoken prayer: use your favorite words/call on your favorite expressions of the Divine to give thanks or ask for help. You might make this a supplication for guidance on how to live aligned with the needs of the Whole.
- Contemplative prayer: direct your senses to soaking in the natural world and see what wisdom comes to you.
- Body prayer: put you body into the position of the Nine of Water or any other card to see what wisdom comes
- No prayer: just be, surrender to the moment
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? CHILD OF AIR invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Relaxed but unwavering focus.
- Recognizing that transformation is happening all around you and offering you beautiful gifts.
- Viewing the change and possible chaos around you with curiosity about its potential good instead of allowing fear to rise up in the immediate moment.
OVERALL MUSINGS: Justice wants our attention. This is the 2nd time in a row and the third time in four weeks where this card has appeared. Connected this week to the emotional power of the Nine of Water and the committed Child of Air, I’m thinking about the current generation of justice activists like Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi who are working in creative and strategic ways for social transformation, who are connecting love with power, who are a prophetic voice telling us Black Lives Matter, which needs to be said and action taken to make this a reality because racism is still a real and entrenched reality in our institutions. And this is a reality that demands the attention of everyone because as Justice shows us above, we are all part of the same Whole. Or as Martin Luther King, Jr., who lead the march in Selma celebrated this past weekend, wrote with his usual eloquence: “We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”
[Reminder the sign up period for my Dark Moon and Full Moon Circles runs through March 16th. In the Dark Moon Circles, rituals for release and renewal will be offerings as well as what I am calling the Love-Death-Awakening Writings. In the Full Moon Circles, support for seasonal rituals such as Descent and Return of the Light and the upcoming Walking the Ways of the Summer Light will be shared. Click through to find out more and sign up. Let me know if you have questions.]