Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- Going Within to the connect to the Mystery of the Whole
- Accepting and integrating duality so you can see that death is part of life, light is part of darkness.
- Offering the gift of yourself by doing nothing, just being.
- Perceiving the pattern that exists below, beyond, above the everyday, and dwelling for a while in its power and possibility.
- Simple ritual: Once you make a commitment to move forward on an important decision, toast to this decision and drink from the cup as a sign of your commitment.
- More complex ritual: Here you might pre-plan and gather supports for a ritual to really attach yourself to your commitment. You can personalize a ritual that builds on this structure of ritual flow: 1.) Preparation – Show your commitment by planning and preparing. Take time to wash away the old to enter the new. 2.) Entry – Ask to enter the experience of the ordinary extraordinary. Prayer is an effective entry key. Your prayer might consist of only “please” or be one drawn from a tradition. 3.) Encounter – Imagine your living your commitment. Perhaps you draw a Tarot card to gain insight into what it would be like. Be open here to receive even what is beyond your expectation or imagining. 4.) Gratitude – Always give thanks for what is received. It’s only polite! 5.) Re-entry – Take some time to transition.
- Join me in the Dark Moon Circle that starts on March 17th and participate in the ritual for release that will prepare you to embrace the new/make your commitments on Friday, the 20th, which is both the Equinox and the New Moon.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? GUARDIAN OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Being in the flow of life; “no forcing, no holding back” (Rilke)
- Being open to your emotions and intuition
- Offering compassion to others and yourself.
- Embracing Mystery and all that life offers, from its fullness to its ordinariness.
OVERALL MUSINGS: This is the 5th week in which either Justice or the Priestess have appeared. These cards are connected numerolgically – 1+1 of Justice = 2 of the Priestess – and imagistically – they both stand between – in the Gaian between the veils of the human and more-than-human worlds and in the RiderWaiterSmith between pillars representing power, portal, and integration of opposites. The Pattern is calling our attention. The Divine is making an offer. What commitment will you make to receiving these Divine gifts? Friday is the Equinox and new moon and also the 20th day of March. The number 20 is the card of Awakening, and, of course, is connected to the Priestess by reducing to 2. This would seem to be a super-charged week for making commitments and walking the path of your own awakening.