Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- Unexpected change that moves us in new ways and into new places.
- Letting ourselves free fall into the loss, the grief, the hidden potential of sudden change and trusting that we will be supported.
- Opening up to sources of strength that you did not know that you had.
- Seeking out the possibilities for renewal when change comes (even if it was not desired).
- Reflecting on and naming the beliefs that you hold and that guide your life. Then you might journal on these questions: Are they all still relevant guides? Are there any beliefs that you sense you have moved beyond? Are there any to let go of in a conscious way?
- Migrate to somewhere that will provide you nurture. Unlike the birds in the card, this might just be a one-day trip to the ocean or a museum to fill your creative well or it might he a call to go on or plan a longer pilgrimage.
- Listening to and observing the behavior of birds in the area where you live. What are they teaching you? What does their call awaken in you?
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? ELDER OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Openness to what is discovered in meditation, trance journey, and beyond ordinary consciousness.
- A desire to serve the whole with your own unique power to heal
- Being in the NOW, the moment that is the intersection of temporal time and eternal time, without any reason to rush from it
- Being open to signs and messages that come from the Otherworld of Spirit, of energy, of beyond the human
- Courage to accept whatever is shown you on your trance journeys
OVERALL MUSINGS: Oh my! From the last five weeks’ focus on balance and stillness, we move into free fall fanned by air and fire. Speaks to me of a revolution of the mind and an invitation to step beyond the limits of your current ideas about your life and its very purpose. You might take an imaginal journey to see how “big” you can be, how far you can fall. You can dare to do it because you are supported by the Greater Than, your ancestors, the healing energies of natural processes. Enjoy the adventure!