Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- Being open to learning and wisdom coming from surprising, unexpected, or humble sources.
- Connecting to the deep wisdom that you have to share with the world.
- Entering into the mysteries of the Earth, lead by its wise masters: the plants, the animals, the insects, the weeds.
- Knowing you are supported by and stand on the wisdom traditions of the ancestors.
- Contemplate the life cycle of the salmon.
- Investigate the Celtic symbolism of the Salmon.
- Do a simple ritual where you symbolic release an emotional burden into a stream or river near your home
- Remember and honor water as the source of life with a simple gesture or internal word of thanks for a day – or 10 days, if you can! – every time you take a sip of water or bathe or swim.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? GUARDIAN OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Taking time to nurture your own inner fire.
- Coaxing the gifts that might be hidden more deeply to emerge
- Compassion for others and for yourself
- Courage to stand in the dark and call forth the light.
OVERALL MUSINGS: I hear the Guardian inviting us to slow down and look deeply into the current sparks of passion and longing in our lives. Let these sparks become your teacher. What do they need to grow? How will you respond to their lessons? What emotions do they unleash? What flow do they invite you to enter?
And speaking of teachers …. I am delighted that Mellissae Lucia, creatrix of the Oracle of Initiation, will be coming here to Western Mass the first weekend of May. On Saturday, the 2nd, she’ll be the teaching at our Mass Tarot session and then on Sunday, we’ll be doing a Wisdom of the Seasons Mini-Retreat journeying with themes of Crossroads, Guides, and Trust. The Early Bird Price of $42 for the Mini-Retreat ends today (or when I update date the site).