Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- A time of solitude and silence that supports connecting with inner guidance.
- Spending time alone to shift through and integrate learnings and wisdom gleaned from time with others.
- Befriending the dark-time gifts of dreams, Mystery, moon rhythms, and the animals who sound in the night.
- Communion with the natural world rather than the human world.
- Go on a Wisdom Wander by taking your Tarot or oracle cards out with you on a walk. Stop periodically to contemplate a spot in nature and pull a card to receive another layer of insight. You might want to plan to do this periodically through the summer and join in my seasonal ritual of Walking the Ways of the Summer Light.
- Commit to a special place in nature and visit regularly to commune with its gifts, shifts, and teachings. My special place is Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary of the Mass Audubon Society (and this image always reminds me of Arcadia). What special place is near you?
- Find a fallen log and contemplate how its death is giving birth to new life.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? EXPLORER OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Moving with great energy.
- Openness to whatever comes. It’s not really that you are fearless; it’s that you feel the fear but harness that energy to do what you want.
- Recognizing that you have great creativity and can use it move through life.
- Stepping into your passion fully.
OVERALL MUSINGS: I am just back from one of biggest gatherings around of the Tarot tribe, Readers Studio. I found great soul nurture and wisdom in this year’s offerings and want to write more about it so I am grateful to see the Hermit inviting me to spend some time alone. How ’bout you? Have you had lots of group activity and might create some balance in your life with time alone, writing or out in nature? The long winter here in the Northeast does appear to have ended and the 10 of Earth and Explorer of Fire invite us to get out there walking the ways and dancing with new energy.
These cards are also most aligned with the energy and wisdom of the delightful Mellissae Lucia who headed into the desert alone after the death of her husband to initiate herself with ritual, body painting, art creation, and listening to her divine guardians. She shares that wisdom with us through her Oracle of Initiation. And she’ll be here in Western Massachusetts this upcoming first weekend in May. On Saturday, the 2nd, she’ll be leading the Mass Tarot session and on Sunday, we’ll be doing mini-retreat that will include wild wanderings (if the weather cooperates that will be at a place like Arcadia and if not in our inner wilds). You are invited to join us!