Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- Recognizing the spark of the new.
- Embracing the positive potential of a new beginning in your creative, sensual, and/or energetic life.
- Build a bonfire and watch its flames dance. Imagine being the flame.
- Create a ritual to release that which is keeping you in the dark, holding back your energy, or inhibiting your stepping into the next cycle of your life’s unfolding.
- Let the wild energy in your body direct your creative action, e.g. throw paint on paper or canvas and then just mush it around with your hands, write without stopping and wild strokes for five minutes, throw clay and/or slap it around to see what emerges.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? GUARDIAN OF FIRE invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Taking action in a graceful and unhurried way.
- Taking time to nurture your own inner fire.
- Coaxing the gifts that might be hidden more deeply to emerge
- Compassion for others and for yourself
- Courage to stand in the dark and call forth the light.
OVERALL MUSINGS: These cards of spark and fire against the backgrounds of the night are perfect for this week in which the moon diminished and turns to dark over the weekend. Then Sunday late or Monday early, depending on your time zone, the new moon emerges. In this dark time, we are invited to release that which no longer serves us or any unfulfilled wishes from the last Aries (fire!) moon on April 18th. What we release leaves an opening for the next sparks of inspiration to emerge and be tended.
If you are interested in suggestions and supports for moon-thly releasing rituals, check out my Dark Moon Circle. If you are ready to cultivate new energy as we in the Northern Hemisphere emerge into the light half of the year, check out the offerings of my season-long ritual, Walking the Ways of the Summer Light.