Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- A time of solitude and silence that supports connecting with inner guidance.
- Befriending the dark-time gifts of dreams, Mystery, moon rhythms, and the animals who sound in the night.
- Communion with the more-than-human world.
- Gathering in the reflections and insights that you’ve gained from your time in solitude to share with others.
- Drumming to listen, to heal, to shift consciousness.
- Engaging with a mentor/teacher.
- Being a mentor/teacher.
- Making music outside to pick up on the Earth energy.
- Showing love by slowing down and focusing your attention on another.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? ELDER OF AIR invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Calm and clarity.
- Aligning your best skills with the world’s deepest need to take action.
- Dedication to a peaceful path in life.
- Deep attention but little effort.
- Knowing your individual song blends into the Whole in a beautiful and important way.
OVERALL MUSINGS: You have a song inside you learned from your own soul work. It might be literal music, but no matter the form, the message is likely one of mystery, earth wisdom, partnership, or peace that has come to you during time spent like a Hermit. We often forget that the Hermit retreats but then returns to share what was learned. The world needs to hear your song this week. Let it flow out from you and into the Whole.
Note: One of my songs this week will be the first post on Pilgrimage as part of the Walking the Ways of the Summer Light seasonal ritual. I’m helping to take care of one of my Elders so the post might not go up until Tuesday, the 7th. But that song will be sung soon!