Each week I pull Tarot cards to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of the blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. (If you want to read more about the process, check out Sacred Practices of the Gaian Tarot: The 3 P’s).You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards and share them in the comments.
- Emotions and intuition.
- Floating in the balance of birthing action (the red) and flowing stillness (the blue).
- The beginnings of a wisdom that comes from embracing both descent and return, light and dark.
- Cultivating liquid flow as we go through our days.
- Engaging in a practice that you’ve already discovered works well for raising your energy (maybe it’s breath of fire or casting a circle and building a cone of energy or activating your chakras).
- Throwing yourself enthusiastically into a creativity practice. Photography might be most aligned with the Eight of Fire’s energy; you capture light in an instant and then post it to Flicker or Facebook and it rapidly zooms around the world!
- Going out to look at and be in awe of the night sky.
- Let yourself brainstorm a wild and crazy list of creative projects and then pick one and take the first steps toward making it real.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? EXPLORER OF EARTH invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of …
- Commitment and intensity
- Knowing that there are gifts in the wild places waiting for you
- Grounding yourself fully in the earth so you can listen for what is below the surface or coming from Spirit realm.
OVERALL MUSINGS: Message from the depths and from the heights may come to you this week. To receive them, make sure you are grounded, but in a flexible and flowing way. Connecting to and attuning to the energy that comes from what is happening in the natural world around you will help. If there is storm, let its power teach you. If there is calm, enjoy the pause. If the leaves rustle above you before fluttering down, let yourself hear a message come from the realms beyond that time of year (here in the Northern Hemisphere anyway) comes closer and invites us to enter the edge of its mystery.
[Note: If you would like to be an Explorer of Earth, there is one more week left to sign up for Wisdom of the Seasons: Dark Love’s Dawning Mini-Retreat on October 31st here in Easthampton, MA.]