When not observing the Solstice seasons or special lunar happenings, I pull Tarot cards weekly to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of this blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards using these positions.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? ACE OF EARTH invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Letting ourselves be as if reborn; remembering that each day offers you a new start.
- Honoring the Spiral of Life.
- Seeing the world with new eyes.
- Experiencing the wonder and awe of the beauty and bounty of the earth.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? SEVEN OF EARTH invites us to practices such as …
- Bringing a contemplative, purposeful attitude to your planning for each day, the week, a season, or the year. Think about how current actions will have long-term impacts. Using Tarot or oracle cards to prompt action taking or become representations of what you want to accomplish can make this work-in-the-world task feel more contemplative. Choose your actions based on how they will advance your longer-term vision.
- Communing with a tree (This can be a simple as approaching the tree, asking its permission to connect, putting your hand on its bark, and just being with the tree. To offer gratitude, you can breathe on to the tree as they use the carbon dioxide we expel. What happens may surprise you.)
- Planting of trees and plants both literally and symbolically.
- Practicing gratitude for and remembering those who have had to foresight to protect wild places.
- Watching The Man Who Planted Trees for inspiration on how rebirth can follow desolation.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? CHILD OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Grace and ease
- Daring to stand at the edge of vast mystery – because you don’t know you should fear such places – because you know you are always protected.
- Moving from a place of open-heartedness to encounter the world.
OVERALL MUSINGS: Last week we had to look at the places where the Devil / Bindweed was active in our lives as individuals and a nation. Having done so, the Ace of Earth offers us a fresh start and new possibility to work toward our expansive, soul-centered visions. Devil/Bindweed encounters generally are not easy, but can be clarifying. We are invited now to operate from a new understanding of, or recommitment to, what is most important, especially in the physical realm (this could be related to your paid, creative, and/or activist/volunteer work or care for your home or physical health). This week we would benefit from reflecting on and aligning our immediate and long term plans with our visions. Let your heart be light as you do this. Be guided by love and wonder rather than fear and constriction. This is strengthen the power of your plans and bring joy to your days.