When not observing the Solstice seasons or special lunar happenings, I pull Tarot cards weekly to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of this blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards using these positions.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? TEMPERANCE invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Combining things that appear to be opposites (fire and water, light and darkness, life and death) into a beautiful new Whole
- Knowing you are standing in the world of deep-earth fire mystery and flow even as you walk through the supermarket or clean your bathroom.
- Re-balancing after a period of change to integrate that experience while at the same time preparing for the new emerging.
- Seeing and blending all the parts of yourself into a perfectly imperfect vessel for holding your authentic life.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? TEN OF AIR invites us to practices such as …
- Sit, close your eyes, and tune into your body and your thoughts (i.e. meditate). Let each thought that comes be like a migrating goose; see it, acknowledge it, let it fly out of your vision. Maybe you want to offer each thought a blessing or a prayer for healing as it goes by.
- Doing a ritual to release a no-longer needed idea you’ve held about yourself or an unmet goal that is no longer needed or achievable. This could be done by writing about you want to give up, then tearing the paper into confetti-sized pieces and throwing them out into the wind from a high place
- Letting yourself mourn the passing of summer (real or in your inner life) while at the same time letting yourself welcome the shift into autumn with its cooling, invigorating air and release of the old.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? ELDER OF AIR invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Deep attention but little effort.
- Dedicating your actions to planetary peace and healing.
- Knowing you are connected to and supported by the ancestors.
- Knowing your individual song blends into the Whole in a beautiful and important way.
OVERALL MUSINGS: Late last week here in New England, the season shifted. A cool breeze could be felt below the hot sun and I saw my first red leaves from the Maples trees. Nature now is like the Temperance angel taking the overflowing growth of summer and diluting it with coolness and a new quiet. This shifting invites us, too, to change, perhaps to cultivate a new perspective that embraces and works with – rather than pushes away – change or challenges in our life. Progress toward the new – whether the season, our own projects, or social change – is not linear – today is hot and sticky again here! But Temperance’s angel invites us to hold our focus and remain determined for this is what will bring transformation.
Mandala of the Mixing Seasons