When not observing the Solstice seasons or special lunar happenings, I pull Tarot cards weekly to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of this blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards using these positions.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? THE SEEKER invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Opening to your beginner’s mind (even if you have lots of life experience).
- Standing in the present moment and at the same time letting a vision of a desired future emerge.
- Daring to look foolish in the eyes of the world.
- Following your bliss.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? TEN OF WATER invites us to practices such as …
- Contemplate the life cycle of the salmon., where adults return to the freshwater from which they were born to spawn the next generation after which they die and their decomposing bodies become fertilizer.
- Investigate the cross-cultural symbolism of the Salmon and its themes of ancient wisdom.
- Do a simple ritual where you symbolic release an emotional burden into a stream or river near your home
- Remember and honor water as the source of life with a simple gesture or internal word of thanks for a day – or 10 days, if you can! – every time you take a sip of water or bathe or swim.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? ELDER OF EARTH invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Being able to envision what will come in the future from actions taken in the present moment.
- Awareness of the larger patterns of the Earth and cosmos that hold our everyday lives
- Ease – and even amusement – with moving with the up and down changes of the turning of the Wheel of Life
- Recognizing that with the skills that you have, you are able to surrender to the flow of the process.
OVERALL MUSINGS: We stand at the threshold of the new this week. To make the leap, we may need to let go of that which is weighing us down, perhaps it is an emotional burden we have been carrying for a long time. We may have picked it up when we had fewer resources and it was what we needed then. But now we are an Elder (perhaps in years but wisdom comes at all ages) and can remind ourselves that we know how to make this change, we’ve done it before. We can open up to the creative energy and alluring call of our next rebirth and let it carry us into the next moment.
Also, sometimes the Tarot is quite literally and this week’s practice card shows us lots of water as lots of water is falling along the east coast and especially in the Carolinas. I send supportive energy to all those experiencing this storm. May your inner Elder of Earth remind you of what you already know about how to protect yourself. And may all first responders and municipal leaders be supported by that knowing Elder of Earth energy.