When not observing the Solstice seasons or special lunar happenings, I pull Tarot cards weekly to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of this blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards using these positions.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? ACE OF AIR invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Allowing the new to emerge in our lives and consciousnesses.
- Connecting with and communicating possibility.
- Creating space for deep soul work and celebrate a new level of Self emerging.
- Reimagining our world and our place in it.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? EIGHT OF FIRE invites us to practices such as …
- Listening within for the spark of inspiration—and then acting on it (Quick, rIght now: write some words you love to start a poem, grab a crayon and put color a page, burst into song)
- Making a wish upon a shooting star with deep intention.
- Marking off a day or a night or an afternoon to just tune into what gives you energy and follow those impulses
- Taking a quick walk or even jog—just enough to get your energy going—and then pause and listen/feel what is sparking in your body
- Watching for signs and omens about your projects and questions in the sky. Where do they lead you? Go there!
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? GUARDIAN OF EARTH invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Being very grounded in and attentive to the place where you live so that its power and gifts can flow through you.
- Careful attention to the details of everyday life.
- Honoring tradition and stability.
- Knowing your power comes from tenderness.
- Loving awareness of all that comes before you.
OVERALL MUSINGS: Almost simultaneously I had two thoughts upon seeing the Ace of Air appear. Seeing an Ace here reminded me of last week’s encounter with The Magician; magic as our path continues this week with an invitation to locate our work in the realm of consciousness. And as I looked at the image, I was attracted to the leaves in the background and reminded that this is a Hawthorn tree, which has medicinal qualities for heart strengthening. Our magical work this week can be to bring the consciousness of the heart into the world more fully in the days to come. On a societal level this can seem daunting; so much public speech right now is full of fear and divisions. Or perhaps in your own life, your heart is battered. But the source for heart renewal is shown in the cards. Let yourself for 5 minutes, an hour, or an afternoon, get connected to the natural world and let yourself be captivate by and grateful for its tiniest elements, its smallest growth, its littlest creatures. Your heart and mind will be inspired. Let those waves of inspirational energy fill your own body and then spill out of you as you go about your day. The week’s path invites you to be a Guardian of Heart Consciousness letting your energetic arrows of Love fly out into the world.
As you may know, lots of my energy this moonth is directed intentionally toward the ancestors and beloved dead through the Persephone Descending with Letters for the Dead seriesthat we are in the midst of here at Soul Path Sanctuary. The overview first session with prompts for ritual and practice was recorded and is available for viewing. We continue through the November dark moon. You are invited to join us.