When not observing the Solstice seasons or lunar happenings, I pull Tarot cards weekly to inspire practice that cultivates soul wisdom for readers of this blog as a group using the Gaian Tarot. You are invited to use the cards below to inspire your practice, and, if you like, share your reflections in the comments. You are also free to draw your own cards using these positions.
PATH: Use Pile 1 / Majors and Aces to pull a card for the question: What path would it best serve us to walk this week? THE TREE invites us to walk this week on pathways of …
- Inaction on the external level but deep movement on the inner level.
- Sacrifice that opens us to our deep soul purpose.
- Surrendering to what is.
- Holding on to what offers essential support.
- Seeing with new eyes.
PRACTICE: Use Pile 2 / numbered cards for this question: What practice(s) will best serve us to move along this path this week? FOUR OF CUPS invites us to practices such as …
- Meditating / engaging in visio divina on this card’s well cover symbol, called the Vesica Pisces, with its overlapping circles that represent the physical world and the spirit world and their connection. Contemplate how these circle overlap in your own life. Open up to the emotions that arise from your meditation.
- Sitting in silence and imagining your mind is like a still, deep blue pool. Let your thoughts come but float away as you redirect your attention to the blue depths of the pool. Be open to whatever—or the nothing—that comes.
- Making a pilgrimage to a place of sacred waters. You can spend time with a stream near your house or dream about a trip to Chalice Well in Glastonbury, England (the place depicted in the card). Recognize all water is sacred.
POSTURE: Use Pile 3 / People cards for a question such as: What attitudes and behaviors will be most helpful to undertake this practice and walk with path? CHILD OF WATER invites you to follow your path and practices with attitudes of ….
- Grace and ease
- Daring to stand at the edge of vast mystery – because you don’t know you should fear such places – because you know you are always protected.
- Moving from a place of open-heartedness to encounter the world.
OVERALL MUSINGS: The quiet call of surrender to the depths is sounding now in this late fall season. To tune into its presence below the revving up of the holiday season, requires intentional action – so you can be less outwardly active and more inwardly flowing! Set a circle of protection around some time and/or space to meet the wisdom of dark descending in anticipation of the light’s return at Solstice.
We will be tending the call to surrender in Descent and Return of the Light, a Solstice-hinged e-retreat and ritual, which beings next week on Monday, November 26th. Daily emails, weekly calls, and prompts for a season-long candle ritual provide that container of support for seeking the deep wisdom of the season.