This is the first daily email for our fire-focused week of Walking the Ways of the Summer Light. Emails the rest of the week support connecting with wisdom guides, contemplating fire as an element and from the Tarot tradition, and going out for a wisdom wander. Also today, the 14th is the full moon and Friday, the 21st, brings the Summer Solstice here in the Northern Hemisphere. These days are super-charged for an illumination about love. I have been inspired by the Solstices as points in the year when Light and Dark joyfully reunite like lovers who’ve been separated. They each traveled alone for a while to tend their own nature, but the Solstice is their re-connection point.
Words to Inspire
Isn’t it time to turn your heart into a temple of fire?
Central image from the Shining Tribe, which connects Tress to suit of Fire
Prompts for Practice
- gazing at the image above or your favorite Tarot card from the suit connected to fire (most commonly the suit with titles like Wands, Staves, or Trees);
- basking in the light of the sun or moon; or
- imagining the energy that flows through a field of flowers, a stand of trees, or the multitude of cells that burn within you.
- What do you already know about the fire element (from the Tarot’s fire suit, or connecting physically with fire and energy, or from your spiritual tradition’s teachings about fire?
- How have you encountered fire in your life?
- What lessons might fire offer you?
- What might you receive from some time spent connecting with fire and energy?
- What gifts can you offer to fire?
No matter how you mark the day, may the Solstice bring you illumination, joy, and delight!