Today we being the Solstice-hinged e-retreat Walking the Ways of the Summer Light. To give you a taste of Walking the Ways, this is the first of the daily emails that goes out between now and the Solstice to attune to the elements and the wisdom of the season. Emails the rest of the week support connecting with wisdom guides, contemplating earth as an element and from the Tarot tradition, and going out for a wisdom wander. You are welcome to join us on the journey!
Words to Inspire
Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth
find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
Rachel Carson, The Sense of Wonder
Central image is from the Minoan Tarot
Prompts for Practice
Today you are invited to contemplate an image of earth: the image above, your favorite Tarot card from the suit connected to Earth (Pentacles, Disks, Stones, etc.), or the view from your window be it the green of growing things or the concrete of the solid sidewalk.
Then ponder your connection and understanding of the element of earth. This is the place from which you begin. Use your own current definitions and understandings to contemplate these questions.
- When you hear the word earth what does it encompass?
- What do you already know about the earth element (from the Tarot’s earth suit, or connecting physically with the earth, or from your spiritual tradition’s teachings about earth)?
- Is there a place or an activity that especially connects you to earth?
- What lessons and gifts might come from connecting with the earth?
- What gifts can you offer to earth?
Sample Weekly Elemental Video
You are most welcome to join us as we travel through earth, air, water, and fire connecting with the elements and gathering questions. Then after the Solstice, we will select one of our questions to find an answer to on a pilgrimage journey.