This is the first daily email for our fire-focused week of Walking the Ways of the Summer Light. Emails the rest of the week support contemplating fire as an element and from the Tarot tradition, going out for a wisdom wander, and celebrating the Solstice. I have been inspired by the Solstices as points in the year when Light and Dark joyfully reunite like lovers who’ve been separated. They traveled alone for a while to tend their own nature, but the Solstice is their re-connection point. That balance is heightened this year as the Solstice moment of greatest light comes on a new moon day of lunar dark. You are welcome to join us.
Words to Inspire
Isn’t it time to turn your heart into a temple of fire?
Central image from the Shining Tribe, which connects Tress to suit of Fire
Prompts for Practice
- gazing at the image above or your favorite Tarot card from the suit connected to fire (most commonly the suit with titles like Wands, Staves, or Trees);
- basking in the light of the sun or moon; or
- imagining the energy that flows through a field of flowers, a stand of trees, or the multitude of cells that burn within you.
- What do you already know about the fire element (from the Tarot’s fire suit, or connecting physically with fire and energy, or from your spiritual tradition’s teachings about fire?
- How have you encountered fire in your life?
- What lessons might fire offer you?
- What might you receive from some time spent connecting with fire and energy?
- What gifts can you offer to fire?
It’s not too late to join us for Walking the Ways. In fact, coming along for the final weeks can support you to gain the gifts of the season and experience the ritual in microcosm. You’ll have the experience of attuning to an element with a Solstice Week Wisdom Wander to find a question that tends your soul. The week after you’ll be supported to find the answer to that question guided by Tarot, oracles, nature, and your intuition on a Pilgrimage journey. Feel free to choose the lowest fee of just $17 to experience the retreat in microcosm.
No matter how you mark the day, may the Solstice bring you illumination!