This is the 2nd week of the Solstice-hinged e-retreat Walking the Ways of the Summer Light. This is the first of the daily emails that goes this air-inspired week. Emails the rest of the week support connecting with wisdom guides, contemplating air as an element and from the Tarot tradition, and going out for a wisdom wander. You are welcome to join us on the journey!
Words to Inspire
We are our grandmother’s prayers. We are our grandfather’s dreamings.
We are the breath of our ancestors.
Dr. Ysaye Barnwell
The central image is from The Gaian Tarot
Prompts for Practice
- gazing at the image above or your favorite Tarot card from the suit connected to air (most commonly the suit with titles like Swords, Birds, Clouds);
- looking out your window to see if you can detect the air moving branches, flags, bags, bees; or
- taking a moment to stand in a quiet part of your yard or on a busy city sidewalk to feel the breeze.
- What do you already know about the air element (from the Tarot’s earth suit, or connecting physically with the air, or from your spiritual tradition’s teachings about air)?
- How have you encountered air before in your life?
- What lessons might the air offer you?
- What might you receive from some time spent with air?
- What gifts can you offer to air?
Just let ideas float through your head. No need to be comprehensive, just open to what comes.
You are welcome to jump in and join us for this retreat-in-everyday life.